Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nebula Energy Mishap
So I was fighting slinomorph, trying to capture it, and when i was about to hit it with a crystal the app crashed and ruined my happiness. So I was like no big deal ill just try again and when i went to set it up again, all my nebula energy was gone. which like i would understand happening if i had lost or killed it, but like that didnt happen which confused me.

I don't know if there's anything that can be done for me, but just a warning to people that if your app crashes in the battle youre gonna lose all your energy and not get a chance to try again so hope for the best i guess
I believe that nebula energy is subtracted when the portal is open, not after the battle is finished. I think this is to prevent reset hacking where you could just close the app if things went south. But we're gonna have to wait for Neo to weigh in to get the exact reason for this.
I had feeling that would be the case, and it makes total sense it's just a situation like this that would create a problem.
(12-30-2016, 04:54 PM)KronicK Wrote: I believe that nebula energy is subtracted when the portal is open, not after the battle is finished. I think this is to prevent reset hacking where you could just close the app if things went south. 

KronicK is spot on with this answer.
Common practice in games that use some form of currency to activate a feature is to subtract the currency right as the feature is unlocked. This ensures it was spent before the player is using the feature and prevents people just force quitting the app if they want to reuse it (a great example are those mobile games that use timed energy).

For Nebula Portals, this is the case too, the energy is subtracted the moment you tap "Open portal" button. 

I know how you feel, jShark. It's annoying when a game crashes after you've paid currency that you can only earn by putting in time (by doing the daily quests). I'll see if I can check the logs that are sent to the server and see what happened. The bigger issue for me as a developer is that you've encountered a bug with the battle system. Do you know what moves were being used/ZENFORM you used (I am assuming you were battling Slinomorph)?

[Image: jals.png]
Add me as a Fav. Player in the CP Garden!

Yeah I was battling Slinomorph with my Zalmox. T think I may have only been using thump to just kinda weaken it little by little without killing it, may have also used Water Brink but I don't really remember. Also couldn't tell you what the Slinomorph was using though. 

All I know is that when I managed to get it weak enough to try and capture it, I went into my items and the game force quit.