Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Ability Thread
Got any ideas of a rename for it?

And hahaha! Very witty with the Splash damage boosting Ability.
I don't think that will make it as that move was given to the fishy ZENFORMS as a joke reference to the brilliant fish pokemon, Magikarp.
I'm not sure if any other ZENFORMS will be given that move.

[Image: jals.png]
Add me as a Fav. Player in the CP Garden!

The name is fine it's the way you described it that seems off. It says when a ZENFORM attacks the attacker gets a chance of being paralyzed. Shouldn't it be the opponent/target that gets a chance to be paralyzed? Otherwise you'd be risking getting paralyzed and get no real benefit.

I really liked Magikarp so when I first saw flail and splash I smiled.
I think you might need to re-read it.
When the ZENFORM with Paralytic attacks, there is a chance the target is paralyzed. It's not when the enemy attacks the ZENFORM with the ability. It's the other way around. It's not the attacker.

(02-28-2015, 03:14 PM)Neo-Dragon Wrote: I think you might need to re-read it.
When the ZENFORM with Paralytic attacks, there is a chance the target is paralyzed. It's not when the enemy attacks the ZENFORM with the ability. It's the other way around. It's not the attacker.

Right there you used target. In the previous post it says attacker.

And the way it is presented in the previous post is that the ZENFORM with the ability is attacking and therefore is the attacker meaning it gets a chance of being paralyzed. Which is why I was confused.
For F@#! sake....  Confused
Sorry for the confusion, that was my typo in the original post (AGAIN).
I kept checking the game code for the "Ability Description" and didn't see the error, lol.
I've edited the previous post. 

Not sure if it's been suggested yet but what about an ability that cancels out abilities
Current Zenform Team: NaV Ovore, NaV Obull, NaV Orelle and Blue Obull.
Wink 
Okokok
(03-03-2015, 03:06 AM)Greedo Wrote: Not sure if it's been suggested yet but what about an ability that cancels out abilities

I suggested a ability called "Fair fight" that cancels all battlers abilities, but it never got traction.
From a code perspective, that has a high chance of bugging out. Abilities with different effects take place in the areas of code they affect.
Examples would be the Reanimator ability (brings you back from being KO'd) happens in the code for "fainting", it checks if you have the ability and works out the odds of it happening. 
An ability like Flip Flop or Bad Vibe which have effects when you start the battle/enter the battlefield, that code is run there. 

Having an Ability that cancels out other abilities would be very hard to add as I would have to check for it wherever an ability is called. It's a lot of work with a high chance of having some abilities slipping through the cracks. 

Putting some thoughts out haha

Vengeance: The zenform gains an attack boost for every fainted member in the party or something xD

(???): Certain types of elemental attacks (fire, earth, wind, or water) are absorbed by the zenform for hp (or fp).

Fit as a Fiddle (?): The Zenform is not affected by status ailments.

Rough House: Attack power is increased but some hp is sacrificed in turn (only happens if attack move hits successfully. *Repetitively hitting moves only sacrifice hp once regardless of how many hits?)